Denver Slip and Fall Attorney
If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident at a public place, shopping venue, a residential property or elsewhere, contact a Denver slip and fall attorney now. Slipping and falling in a public place is almost always an embarrassing scenario, but the fact is that it can also produce injuries that are surprisingly severe in nature. The sting of such an event can be made even worse when the harm suffered was directly caused by the failure of a property owner or manager to supervise or maintain their premises in a safe condition for those permitted to enter. Denver slip and fall attorney Jeremy Rosenthal, is ready and willing to conduct a comprehensive investigation of the facts underlying your injury and work diligently to hold all responsible parties accountable for your losses.
Colorado Slip and Fall Resources:
- Do I have a slip and fall case?
- What are the key factors in proving a slip and fall claim?
- How much is my slip and fall case worth?
- Why trust our Denver slip and fall attorneys?
Do I Have a Slip and Fall Case?
There is an endless number of circumstances in which you may have been injured on someone else’s property but some situations are more common than others. The legal realm commonly referred to as premises liability encompasses a broad array of dangerous and often preventable circumstances which can lead to debilitating slip and fall injuries. It is always advisable to seek the counsel of a Denver premises liability attorney to determine if you have a case. The types of situations capable of causing significant harm to unsuspecting members of the public include things such as:
- Defective sidewalk, driveway, parking lot, road, or pavement
- Structural defects such as uneven steps, broken tiles, potholes, or torn carpeting
- Weather hazards such as snow, ice, or other adverse conditions
- Negligent conditions such as inadequate lighting, slippery floors or hidden dangers
Key Factors in Slip and Fall Cases
Because slip and fall cases rely on theories of negligence, it is incumbent upon plaintiffs to establish that the defendant property owner or manager did in fact have a duty of reasonable care to the injured party. It is important to note that pursuant to Colorado law, an invitee is an individual who has been invited to visit a particular property or location, such as a restaurant or a retail shop. This relationship by nature implies that the owner has a duty to take steps in order to ensure the safety of those who visit. To recover damages in a slip and fall lawsuit, the following elements must be proven:
- A dangerous or defective condition existed on the property and that defect must be proximally responsible for the plaintiff’s injuries.
- The owner did or should have reasonably known about the defective condition and failure to do so could give rise to a personal injury suit.
- The condition existed long enough that the property owner had adequate time to address it.
A knowledgeable Denver slip and fall attorney from the Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal can help you determine whether or not these elements are present in your specific case.
Colorado Comparative Negligence Doctrine and Slip and Fall Claims
Colorado Law operates under the doctrine of comparative negligence, something which can bear significantly on the amount of compensation an injury victim is able to secure. Succinctly stated, a damage award will necessarily be reduced in proportion to the degree of responsibility the victim is deemed to have causing his or her own injury. While this does not serve as a general bar to recovery when both parties bear some of the blame, a finding of shared negligence can sometimes serve to diminish the overall amount received.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Case Worth?
The aftermath of a slip and fall accident can be a time of great disruption, pain and upheaval, and it can be difficult for victims to know where to turn. However, it is crucial for injured individuals to realize that their time to pursue fair compensation does have limits and that swift action is essential to their chance of success. The financial damage awards available in such cases can often be quite significant and designed to cover:
- Economic damages – medical bills, lost wages, and any other projected costs related to the care and rehabilitation of an injury
- General damages – compensate for the intangible losses a victim suffers, such as physical pain, suffering, and any emotional anguish the victim may suffer.
- Punitive damages – if the accident caused wrongful death, there is chance the negligent party could face jail time
Plaintiffs in slip and fall cases are required to establish several elements in order to secure compensation. First, it is necessary to show that at the time in question, a condition was present on the property at issue which in fact posed an unreasonable risk of harm. It must also be shown that the individual in possession of or responsible for the location did know or should have known that the risk existed. Next, the plaintiff must establish that the person responsible for the premises was negligent in failing to remedy or warn visitors of the danger. Lastly, the connection between the hazardous condition and the injuries claimed must be demonstrated.
Why Trust Our Denver Slip and Fall Attorneys?
Hiring a Denver slip and fall attorney from the Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal will be the best decision you make following your slip and fall accident. Our team is highly experienced in premise liability claims and will fight to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Our law firm also offer the following advantages:
- We offer a free consultation with a top-rated Denver personal injury lawyer.
- We handle all cases on a contingency fee basis; you’ll never owe attorney’s fees unless we obtain a settlement or court judgment on your behalf.
- You can be confident your case will receive the highest level of attention from the investigation phase all the way through trial.
- We get to know our clients on a personal level and never forget that we are fighting for the rights and dignity of that person.
If you recently sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident and believe that a property owner may be responsible, contact the Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal today to schedule a free review of your legal options.