Colorado Springs, CO Personal Injury Attorney
A personal injury can be a life-changing experience. Struggling with the pain of recovering from severe physical injuries and the economic strain of medical bills and lost income can be even more challenging with the frustration of knowing these issues arose due to another party’s carelessness or intentional harm. If you or a loved one has suffered any personal injury because of someone else’s actions, you have the right to hold them accountable with a civil claim for your damages.
At the Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal, our team has helped countless clients in Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas navigate their personal injury cases with confidence. We understand how devastating it can be for any family to experience a personal injury due to the negligence of another party, and our goal is to maximize the recovery of every client we represent.
Is It Worth Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney in Colorado Springs, CO?
If another person caused your personal injury and their fault is undeniably clear, it’s natural to wonder why you would need to hire a Colorado Springs personal injury lawyer to represent you. Filing a personal injury claim may seem straightforward at first, but the reality is that the legal procedures involved are more complex and demanding than many people realize. If you do not hire an attorney, you would need to meet the court’s complex filing requirements and deadlines while simultaneously managing your recovery and the aftermath of your personal injury at home.
Hiring a Colorado Springs personal injury attorney is the best way to ensure you can maximize your recovery as seamlessly as possible while enjoying the peace of mind that comes with knowing your case is in capable hands. Additionally, an experienced lawyer is more likely to maximize your compensation than you would be on your own. At the Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal, our team has years of experience guiding clients through the most complex personal injury claims and knows the various channels of compensation that clients often overlook.
When Should a Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyer Be Used?
If another party caused your personal injury, you might wonder whether you have grounds for a civil claim against them. Some minor injuries may be resolved personally between those involved. For example, if a driver bumped your vehicle while parking, caused cosmetic damage to your case, and no one was injured, you probably don’t need to hire an attorney to settle this matter with the other driver. However, suppose you experienced any incident caused by another person that resulted in hospitalization, lost income, or other substantial damages. In that case, you should plan to hire an attorney to assist you with your recovery.
What Cases Do Personal Injury Lawyers Handle in Colorado Springs, CO?
Personal injury is a broad area of civil law, and many cases unfold under Colorado’s personal injury statutes. The Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal can provide meticulous and compassionate legal counsel through a wide range of personal injury cases, including:
- Auto Accidents. These are some of the most commonly cited causes of personal injury claims throughout the United States. If another driver hits you in Colorado Springs, you have the right to file an insurance claim against their auto insurance policy. However, if they do not have enough insurance to fully cover the cost of your damages, you can file a personal injury claim to recover the remainder.
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Catastrophic Injury
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Premises liability claims. Property owners must address foreseeable safety issues as soon as they become aware of them if those issues are likely to cause injuries to lawful guests and visitors. For example, suppose you suffered a slip and fall in a private residence or business and believe it occurred due to the owner’s failure to address a foreseeable safety issue. In that case, you have the right to pursue a premises liability claim against them.
- Dog bite claims. Colorado enforces strict liability on dog owners when their pets attack and injure other people. If a dog injured you, you did nothing to provoke the dog, and were lawfully present where the attack occurred, you have the right to file a personal injury claim against the dog’s owner.
- Product liability claims. Product manufacturers must ensure their products are safe, effective, and perform as advertised. If you or a loved one suffered an injury from an unreasonably dangerous or defective product, you have the right to file a personal injury claim against the manufacturer.
These are just some of the most commonly claimed types of personal injuries in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas. Ultimately, if another party bears responsibility for your recent injury, illness, or economic loss, you could have grounds for a personal injury claim against them. Your personal injury lawyer will guide you through the process of securing compensation for your damages.
Compensation for Personal Injury Damages in Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado’s personal injury laws allow personal injury plaintiffs to claim compensation for all damages caused by a defendant’s negligence. Many personal injuries result in substantial damages, including:
- Medical expenses, both immediate and future. Your injury may have required a trip to the emergency room, and severe injuries such as brain injuries typically require long recovery periods. Therefore, you have the right to claim compensation for all your medical expenses resulting from your personal injury. This includes immediate expenses as well as the cost of any necessary ongoing treatments you will require.
- Lost income. You may be unable to work for an extended period after your personal injury. Your Colorado Springs personal injury lawyer will help you calculate your lost earnings and include them in your lawsuit. Additionally, if you cannot return to work after your injury due to a disability, you can receive compensation for your lost earning potential.
- Property damage. Many personal injuries also involve damage to the victim’s private property. Therefore, you can include repair or replacement costs in your personal injury claim.
- Pain and suffering. Colorado state law allows personal injury plaintiffs to recover financial compensation for intangible losses like physical pain and emotional trauma. Your Colorado Springs personal injury lawyer will help you determine a reasonable amount of compensation based on the severity of your injury and how likely you are to experience long-term complications following recovery.
It’s common for personal injury claimants to recognize some of their immediate damages but overlook other channels of compensation of which they weren’t aware. This is yet another reason to hire a personal injury attorney. Not only are you more likely to win your case with legal representation on your side, but you are also more likely to maximize your recovery to the fullest extent possible under Colorado law.
Proving Liability for Your Personal Injury in Colorado
To succeed with your personal injury claim in Colorado Springs, you and your attorney must identify the party or parties you believe to be responsible for causing your damages, prove the full scope of those damages, and provide evidence that the defendant or defendants were negligent in some way that directly caused those damages.
The first step in proving negligence is establishing the defendant’s duty of care. For example, if a drunk driver hit you, you would need to identify the driver responsible for the accident and prove they violated their duty of care to refrain from driving while intoxicated. Once you and your attorney have established the defendant’s negligence, you must then prove causation between their actions and your claimed damages.
How Your Legal Team Will Help
A personal injury lawyer in Colorado Springs can be more valuable than you may initially expect. It’s common for personal injury claims to seem simple enough at first only to quickly evolve into highly complex legal battles that are extremely difficult to navigate. You can rely on the Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal to provide comprehensive legal counsel through every stage of your case. First, we will help you determine who is liable for your damages and any unique factors in play in your case. Next, our team will carefully review your damages to calculate the full scope of recovery you can expect once we win your case. Finally, we will provide responsive communication and updates about your case’s progress as legal proceedings unfold.
Your case may require communicating with insurance companies, and you can count on us to assist you with all your insurance claim-related correspondence as well. We will ensure the appropriate insurers handle your claims for coverage in good faith and address any resistance you encounter. If you need help proving liability for your damages, we will help you gather evidence and witness testimony, and we may also consult expert witnesses who can help on your behalf. Finally, once you have exhausted your insurance options for recovery, we will guide you through the remainder of your case proceedings until you reach the settlement you deserve.
Talk to a Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyer About Your Accident Case
The personal injury you recently experienced may be a life-changing event, and there is no reason to be left to deal with the aftermath on your own if your injury resulted from another party’s actions. The Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal can help you hold them accountable for your damages. If you are ready to discuss your legal options with an experienced Colorado Springs personal injury attorney, contact us today to schedule a consultation with our team.