Knee Injuries Lawyer in Colorado
One of the most important yet vulnerable areas of a person’s body are the knees and the muscle groups connected to it. Knees are crucial to the use of legs, and by extension, mobility as a whole. When a person suffers an injury to a knee, it can cause future health and mobility issues. In addition, many knee injuries demand swift medical attention so that they may heal properly.
Common Types of Injuries to the Knee
There are a number of different types of injuries that can affect a person’s knees. Some commonly encountered injuries that are specific to the knee include:
- Sprains: A sprain is an overexertion of the muscles. There are a number of muscle systems affecting a person’s knees that can be affected by a sprain. A severe sprain, or an improperly treated sprain, can be the cause of mobility issues later in life.
- Torn Meniscus: The meniscus is a cushion for the knee joint. Trauma can result in a torn meniscus. These injuries take a long time to recover.
- Torn ACL: A common injury a person can experience is a torn ACL. This is a common sports injury, but it can arise from other circumstances.
- Fractured Knee: Strong impacts to the knee bones and joints can fracture the associated bones. This can take a long amount of time for recovery and may limit a person’s ability to use the affected leg.
- Dislocated Knee: Dislocated knees can be severe. These injuries are often painful and require immediate medical attention to ensure the best recovery.
Because of the mobility issues a person frequently experiences with knee injuries, a knee injury has a high likelihood to limit a person’s ability to enjoy day-to-day life, and can sometimes limit the ability to work.
Common Situations That Lead to Knee Injuries
There are several different sources of knee injuries, some of these include:
- Sports Injuries: It can be common for athletes to suffer injuries to their knees when participating in sports, or sometimes even while simply training.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: If a person slips and falls, the knees can be injured, which can lead to fractures and dislocations.
- Vehicle Accidents: The impact of an accident may cause a person’s knees or legs to fly forward, which can cause severe trauma to the knees, especially for someone in the passenger seat. This may lead to fractures or dislocations as well.
Knee injuries can be severe and can cost a person valuable time while recovering. If you or a loved one has suffered a knee injury, contact the Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal today.